[IAEP] New Elections and Membership Committe - Nuevo Comité de Membresia y Elecciones

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Sat Jan 7 13:41:24 EST 2017

Hi all! Hola a todos!

With 4 votes in favor [Walter Bender, Lionel Laske, Tony Anderson and José
Miguel García] the board has appointed *Laura Vargas, Ignacio Rodriguez and
Samson Goddy* as the new *Elections and Membership Committe* for the Sugar
Labs Project. *As the 3 of us are also the 3 current candidates running for
the board, Dave Crossland will serve as an impartial oversight party*. For
details please read January's meeting log at [1].

According with our availability, we at the elections and membership
Committee, have started debugging the member list [2] and are calling for
additional candidates for the 2016-2018 Sugar Labs Oversight Board
election, following to the Election Schedule proposed.

Please read the 2016-2018 Election Schedule and take note of the important
dates and procedures:

*Stage 01 Additional candidates call and deadline: January 7 to January 21
(current stage) *

If you do have enough time to contribute to the project's oversight
(including but not limited to 1 hour monthly meeting) and you do understand
the Sugar Labs Oversight Board mission is* "to ensure the Sugar Labs
community has clarity of purpose and means to collaborate in achieving its
goals"* please consider to be part of the list of candidates for one of the
3 seats available for the 2016-2018 period.

If you do wish to be added to the list of candidates for the 2016-2018
period, *please send an email to the IAEP mailing list simply requesting to
be added to the *list of candidates *for the 2016-2018 period. *If you wish
to add additional information about your candidacy (like for example your
background and/or current lines of interest within the SL community) during
the election and pre-election period, please feel free and encouraged to do
so. Please keep in mind the deadline set for receiving candidacies is
January 21, 2107.

Current candidates list to be found at
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2016-2018-candidates.

*Stage 02 If by January 22 we have more than this 3 candidates, we will
need to have members list debugged by the 30th of January. If by January 22
we don't have any additional candidates, we would have 3 candidates for the
3 board places and no election may be necessary.*

*Stage 03 Send ballots and run the elections for the period from February 1
to the 28th of 2017.*

Any suggestions, question or idea please do share and we thank in advance.

We also thank those who have trust in our capacities to help Sugar Labs
with these tasks! We wish to keep the process transparent and open to the
community and I personally hope to learn a lot about elections.

Thank you all for your contributions to the process!

Regards and blessings,

--
Laura V.

[1] http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2017-01-06T19:07:40