[IAEP] Sugar Labs 2017 Budget

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Feb 23 21:28:16 EST 2017

Hi

Where can I read more about the sugar open badges? :)

On Feb 23, 2017 9:57 PM, "Laura Vargas" <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

Hello all! Hola a todos!

2016 Fiscal year is soon coming to its end (March 1st 2016 until February
28th 2017).

Subject to final reports from Adam, we must consider and project our
expenses of the 2017 fiscal year. I would like to help in a first draft.

>From the systems, marketing and funding threads, it has become clear Sugar
Labs Project basically requires:

*[1] To sponsor any motivated, active individuals in need to continue doing
the best they can to support our mission.*

- For this end I'm leading the initiative of Open Badges (12 Badges in
total, 6 with a US$ 500 monthly stipend) totaling US$36,000.
- Also for this end, Walter is leading the Outreachy internship initiative
with a budget of US$ 5,500.

*[2] To make sure our servers are safe and our systems are distributed.*

- For this end systems have required to budget and acquire a UPS for our
servers at MIT. On January Samuel quoted 3 options budget range of US$200 -
US$1.000.
- Please can anyone confirm if we require to maintain and budget for
additional infrastructure?

*[3] To maintain domains and trademarks*.

- As far as I understand only sugarlabs.org and sugarlabs.net will need to
be renewed this year at a estimated cost of less than US$100.
- Last year we spent $700 on trademark registration, I'm not sure if this
is a yearly fee, please can anyone confirm? I will assume it is.

*This give us a preliminary Total of Estimated Expenses for 2017 of
US$43,300  *

This is what I'm aware of, as the community still needs to define its
Marketing objectives and strategies and therefore it may be too soon to
estimate a Budget on that.

Please share any other initiatives or commitments that will require funds
for the 2017 fiscal year so we can get to work on a first draft!

Regards and blessings,

<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Finance>

--
Laura V.