[IAEP] Addition to Membership Committee

David Ally david_ally at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 11:53:10 EST 2017

Dear cjl,Thanks, I will wait until it is available in standard sugar-on-a-Stick.
Regards!David

    On Monday, February 13, 2017 1:36 AM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Samson Goddy <samsongoddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reaching out, i don't understand you question but Chris should be
> able to help. But all the translation are found in translate.sugarlabs.org
>
> Samson
>
> On 12 Feb 2017 6:14 p.m., "David Ally" <david_ally at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Samson,
> Could you please guide me on how to access the SoaS translated to Yoruba? I
> was searching for it to present to some development partners working on
> education contents translation in Nigeria.
>
> And what tools do you use for such translation work?
>
> Regards!
> David

The Yoruba translations were submitted via our translation server.

https://translate.sugarlabs.org/yo/

>From there the individual PO files have been committed to the relevant
github repositories.

for example:

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/commit/e1fe5cfb0b6457d35928e9899e53cb0d50334f25

For individual activities, those translations would be available in
any version of the activity that was released after the Yoruba PO file
commit was made (approx Sep-Oct 2016 for most activities).

Similarly for Sugar-on-a-Stick, what is needed is a new build that
contains the committed PO files.  I don't know exactly when the latest
build was cut, but I think it was before the Yoruba PO file commit and
so it would not be present.  I think you could possibly retrofit the
Yoruba translations downloading the PO file, converting it into an MO
file (Virtaal should work for that) and placing it in the proper place
in the file hierarchy.

cjl