[IAEP] The first Sugarizer deployment is now live!

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:02:28 EST 2017

Hi,

I'm proud to announce that yesterday we've started our first Sugarizer [1]
deployment at our Saint-Ouen deployment on north of Paris.

We've replaced 25 XO-4  by 25 Lenovo Android tablet on Sugarizer OS [2]
with a bunch of Android applications. So teachers could benefit both from
native Sugarizer activities and existing Android Application (GCompris,
 ScratchJR, Vikidia, ...).

A Sugarizer Server on a RasperryPI 3 will be used for collaboration,
presence and to host a selection of educative videos (Khan Academy, Canopé,
...).

It's a good opportunity to get insights from teachers on Sugarizer and test
how to manage, deploy and support tablets instead of XO.

It's a new chapter in the life of OLPC France, we're trying to write the
future!

Do not hesitate to join us.

Best regards from France.

Lionel.