[IAEP] Platform for teaching "web-video-game" programming

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sun Aug 27 14:59:42 EDT 2017

Hi!

On 27/08/17 08:54, Laura Vargas wrote:
> Back in May, Sebastian released the *Jappy**Activity* with many
> features. Since then, Jappy has been added to the devel instance of
> Sugarizer while development continues testing adding collaborations
> features.
>
> Sebastian has re-released the implementation to check on educa.juegos
> <http://educa.juegos>
Thanks Laura!

Although I'm not ready for a full release, it is true that the
experimental collaboration features are in place and can be used.

To try it out collaboration, please go to http://educa.juegos/#sandbox

Everyone visiting this address /should/ be able to write a Web-Python
project together. Please report your experience!

For collaboration, notice the hash (#) link, it is an ID and you could
start new persistent project simply by choosing a different hash value.
Projects are stored as files at the Back End `workspace/` directory.
Every file is saved upon running your program (Ctrl-Return or big green
button). Running code also triggers execution for collaboration peers. I
find it quite fun to code mobile apps with this technique, for instance,
as I can see how it will look in several screens (collaborating with
myself, I guess).

You can hide and show the output canvas with F9.

The Back End (BE) is in Jappy Activity repository. BE Jappy! It supports
local collaboration without Internet.

Finally, I've setup a Riot.Im chatroom with an embedded shared Jappy
widget: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#educa.juegos:matrix.org
I will try to keep an eye on this channel and give support to anyone
trying out the IDE. As I'm not always at the keyboard, you can leave
messages and I will reply later.

By these means we now have a collaborative Python IDE including chat and
audio (even Video can be embedded as Jitsi component on Riot), utilizing
/only Free Software.

/Jappy Activity and Back End are released under the AGPLv3 license.

Be Jappy, Code Together!

With warm regards,
Sebastian
//