[IAEP] Motion to Change The Sugar Labs Rules of Governance

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Mon Aug 14 23:05:00 EDT 2017

If the election cycle is starting tomorrow, then I agree there's no real
need for a recall vote, provided the person(s) in question are up for
re-election this year {positions are staggered}.

Personally I don't know what's going on here.

If someone truly believes a recall vote is in order, then they should be
trying to gathering members to propose the recall vote unless that goal is
essentially unattainable.  Admittedly, how this is supposed to be done is
vague.  At first glance recalls may fall under "Sugar Labs Referenda",
needing 10% of the membership to agree before the Membership and Elections
Committee formally takes it in.

That said I'd like to see Membership & Board quorums {and majority votes
within} formally defined -- while board meetings mention them in chat logs
and base yes/no decisions on a majority within, I don't think Sugar Labs'
Rules of Governance ever uses the word.