[IAEP] [SLOBS] URGENT action needed

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Mon Aug 14 16:00:54 EDT 2017

Hi Hilary,

Sugar Labs is a member project of the Software Freedom Conservancy, and so
travel funding is subject to the *Software Freedom Conservancy Travel and
Reimbursable Expense Policy.
<https://gitorious.org/conservancy/policies?p=conservancy:policies.git;a=blob_plain;f=Travel/conservancy-travel-policy.txt;hb=HEAD>*

You can access the policy also via Sugar Labs Wiki Finance page at:

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Finance

Regards and blessings,

Laura V

> dear all,
>    Samson is now sponsored for the up-front expenses of his trip to GSoC
> in the amount of $700. His actual expenses are closer to $900 if anyone
> wants to co-sponsor. I understand that SFC is going to reimburse me around
> $630 because that is the amount they allocated for local travel expenses.
>
> kind regards,
> Hilary
> ---
> Hilary Naylor
> OLPC-SF
>
> ---fwd---
> Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 09:10:50 -0400
> From: Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org>
> To: Lionel Laske <lionel at olpc-france.org>
> Cc: iaep <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>,  Sugar-dev Devel
>         <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>,  "OLPC para usuarios, docentes,
>         voluntarios y administradores" <olpc-sur at lists.laptop.org>, SLOBs
>         <slobs at lists.sugarlabs.org>, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
> >
> Subject: Re: [IAEP] [SLOBS] URGENT action needed
>
> Because Samson Goddy is our close friend and clearly should go to San
> Francisco for GSoC, it is tempting to send him a personal loan.
>
> But for Sugar Labs to provide loans to our personal friends is a dangerous
> precedent frought with moral and ethical hazards.
>
> As such, personally my conscience forces me to abstain from all such
> matters.
>
> I strongly encourage others to provide Samson the $627.05 personal loan he
> in fact does need, if Sugar Labs cannot.
>
> *It will make a gigantic difference, and you will have a friend for life in
> Samson Goddy, who is likely to move forward accomplishing truly incredible
> things in his life.*
> ---
> Hilary Naylor, Ph.D.
> www.a2zed.us
> Oakland CA

Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ Laura Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good