[IAEP] Motion: Solicit Membership Donations + Public Statements

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Mon May 23 00:14:21 EDT 2016

Many US (and potentially other) employers match donations to non-profits
made by their employees.

The exact process varies by employer, but would require them to be made in
the name of the Conservancy (with its known 501(c)3 EIN) with Sugar Labs as
the target project.

Would it be possible to rephrase this to make it a tax-deductible (at least
in the US) donation request routed through the SFC rather than sounding
like membership dues?

{I would not know if the SFC has done work this in area before, or how many
Sugar Labs members could take advantage of this.}