[IAEP] Sugar network/ School Network (Laura Vargas)

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Thu May 19 23:26:28 EDT 2016

> Hi, Laura
>
> Hi Tony!

> Sorry about my confusing  message with the digest title.

No problem :D

> I tried the Sugar network several years ago but decided that it was not
> usable because it is dependent on internet access. Is that
> still the case?
>
> I'll rescue the text from the original thread:

"The node service runs locally on each machine. Thus, the node would have
to be included in the Sugar distribution. The node offers an API for
accessing/interaction with Sugar Network resources."

Basically this means that each machine could become a server for a local
Sugar Network node. Still, some work would have to be done to achieve
synchronization with the main node.

That said, the last production version was made for Sugar 0.94. There would
be important work to be done if you want it to run with a newer version.

Regards and blessings,

laura V

> Tony

Laura V.