[IAEP] New Scratch Blocks announced at Google IO

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu May 19 20:34:03 EDT 2016

On 19 May 2016 at 19:23, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm curious, what links do we have with the Scratch community? We have
> > superhero Bert here from the Squeak community.... :D
> >

> There are the obvious MIT MediaLab connections.

Sure :) What I mean it, is anyone reading this list this week got any
connection to the Scratch community? :)

> Back in the day, we
> hosted Scratch on our Pootle instance, until they chose to host on
> their own instance.

Cool!

> We were a distributor (via ASLO) until the license issue came up a few
> years back.

Hmm. It seems v2 doesn't run outside the Flash VM, which Sugar Distros
won't publicly distribute, but it seems the latest v1 and v2 versions are
GPL, per https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Scratch_Source_Code_License

Why wouldn't we distribute 1.4?

--
Cheers