[IAEP] Fwd: Sugar network / School Network

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue May 17 18:02:30 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:04 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 17 May 2016 at 15:37, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dave - legal matters are referred to the SFC. We did indeed work with
>> them in the past when we registered our trademark, and consulted with them
>> concerning an infringement case which was settled amicably.
>>

> Where can I read more about this infringement case?

This was in May 2011 on the SLOBs list. The UK company (which had just been
formed, and planned to market PCs with Ubuntu or Debian, calling them
"Sugar" computers) apparently realized that we had a strong position (prior
trademark & top SEO) and decided to call off the enterprise. The concern
was dissolved in August 2012, the website disappeared, and the domain name
was lapsed.

Sean.