[IAEP] Sugar network / School Network

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Mon May 16 19:40:20 EDT 2016

In general, getting information about children using a product targeted at
them is a bit of a legal minefield.

There are countries which don't allow anything about younger children or
what they do online to be known without parental and/or school consent.
Said consent may require proving the adult is actually an adult and not a
child providing an incorrect date of birth.

Historically Sugar Labs has been non-profit, and probably too tiny to get
on the radar.  But before social and/or metric features get incorporated
into Sugar's core, it would be best to check with the lawyers as to how to
do it.