[IAEP] [SLOBS] SL member list/joining criterion

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sun May 15 15:17:51 EDT 2016

El 15/05/16 a las 13:38, Adam Holt escribió:
> Sebastian, do you recall how many emails bounced by Dec 15th 2015 when
> you verified 79 active members @
> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members/Survey2015, among
> (about) 262 emails that you sent out ?  It would be interesting to
> know if roughly 200 or so emails are still active, among the 264 email
> addresses of members and former members now listed.  Not to put too
> fine a point on it, but many of the email addresses are now dead, and
> likely several (former) members themselves are no longer living, such
> as Marco Pesenti Gritti :/

Of the ~262(+/-) emails sent, 50 bounced. Identifying them will take
some processing.

> Of the (apparent) 275 living and dead people on both the "Email" tab
(privacy-protected, for good reasons) and the "Public List" tab it's
apparent that these lists are quite different from Line 211 to 276 --
but in these are the same 65 people (roughly speaking those who joined
since mid-2010?) then it's likely just that the 2 lists contain the same
65 names but appearing in a different order (one presumes?)

> There are small consistency error(s) like ANDRES AGUIRRE appears to
have joined in 2015 according to the "Email" tab whereas the "Public
list" tab says he joined in 2016; these lists should be reconciled for
consistency at some point where we can.

Possibly. It would be good to clean it up. As far as i can recall, we
have not edited, only added new members. Members without emails also
need to be removed, IMHO. (I don't know how they were added in the first
place).