[IAEP] [SLOBS] SL member list/joining criterion

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun May 15 14:38:44 EDT 2016

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
wrote:

> El 15/05/16 a las 12:56, Adam Holt escribió:
> >
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1bgJ6Z8gHpxIwpNSD8qf8B5n1ZQRA1r0AAdCDcMVeZEs/edit
> > is a private list, leaving others guessing what is being tabulated
> > about them, and by whom (I've been on SL's Oversight Board for almost
> > 7 years, and am still trying to find out).
> Only email.

Confirmed below.

> > Luke Faraone indicates he will try to provide me access.  If this
> > spreadsheet is the source of the 2 columns extract that appears at
> > http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members/List (minus the emails
> > etc, as you seem to indicate) it would be great to confirm that indeed.
>
> Yes the wiki page has the same spreadsheet embedded in it, which is what
> I thought I had clarified for you.
>
> I just sent you write access to it.

Thanks Sebastian & thanks Luke.  I don't want to edit others' hard work
without understanding its structure, but fyi "Enrique Mayorga González"
appears twice (lines 209 & 211) on spreadsheet tab "Public List" as
confirmed @ http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members/List

Of the (apparent) 275 living and dead people on both the "Email" tab
(privacy-protected, for good reasons) and the "Public List" tab it's
apparent that these lists are quite different from Line 211 to 276 -- but
in these are the same 65 people (roughly speaking those who joined since
mid-2010?) then it's likely just that the 2 lists contain the same 65 names
but appearing in a different order (one presumes?)

There are small consistency error(s) like ANDRES AGUIRRE appears to have
joined in 2015 according to the "Email" tab whereas the "Public list" tab
says he joined in 2016; these lists should be reconciled for consistency at
some point where we can.

Sebastian, do you recall how many emails bounced by Dec 15th 2015 when you
verified 79 active members @
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members/Survey2015, among (about)
262 emails that you sent out ?  It would be interesting to know if roughly
200 or so emails are still active, among the 264 email addresses of members
and former members now listed.  Not to put too fine a point on it, but many
of the email addresses are now dead, and likely several (former) members
themselves are no longer living, such as Marco Pesenti Gritti :/

> > (Profound thanks Sebastian for very comprehensively shedding light on
> > this complex situation as you've just done, and your hard work with
> > Caryl & Sebastian in 2015/2016 to make the election happen -- as we
> > know from national elections in Haiti/Nigeria/USA, getting a list of
> > valid voters is in fact a VERY hard technosocial problem, even After
> > policies around eligible voters have been established!)
> You're welcome. You surely meant to include Samson. :-)

Yes.  Both your names start with 'S' and I definitely messed up, Apologies
to Samson Goddy !