[IAEP] SL member list/joining criterion

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 22:22:02 EDT 2016

Hi Folks..
Sorry my replies have been sort of off and on lately. Still having issues with Ed's pacemaker. Hopefully it will be all good soon. He is healing nicely but still has occasional dizzy spells.
About the membership list…  Adam will recall the problems we were having with the list back in late Jamuary as he was with me at SCaLE when it was all happening.
Sebastian had done a lot of work on the list, sending out a survey via Lime Survey to determine who wanted to remain on the list.  There was just one problem… several long time contributors did not, for some reason, reply. They said they did not receive the survey (went to Spam?). Sebastian assumed that no reply meant they no longer wanted to be members. For many, this was not the case.
As the election progressed (over the course of about a week) several members who had not replied notified me that they did not receive the survey and did, in fact, want to remain on the membership list and to vote. I sent ballots to all who had been on the list and asked for ballots.
Now is a good time to re-visit the membership list and find out who wants to be removed. I suggest that this time, rather than removing anyone who doesn't reply in the affirmative, we remove only those who specifically ask to be removed.
As I am sort of swamped with personal issues right now, perhaps Sebastian or Samson (or someone else) would like to do a sweep of the list removing those who ask to be taken off. An email to all on the mailing lists should work as a notification that they need to ask to be removed. I think Samson has been able to add all the recent new members to the list.
Caryl