[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [SLOB] meeting reminder and some open issues to discuss

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu May 12 11:09:59 EDT 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Sam Parkinson <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Us volunteers write code, make releases, do user testing, etc.

Sam - I'm not aware that anyone here is other than "us volunteers".

Dues are how many if not most normally functioning nonprofits operate. I am
co-founder and treasurer of a small musical event nonprofit and dues are
the major source of annual income to cover expenses. I am also on the board
of a medium sized nonprofit (library support, >300 members) and the major
portion of operating revenue is from dues. I pay dues to a musical
instruction association, and vote for officers. Etc.

I believe collecting dues is a fine idea. Arrangements are always possible
for the levels - my musical nonprofit has regular dues at €20,
family/household at €30, student/unemployed at €10, sponsor at €100 (their
names are printed on the programs).

Of course, dues paying members expect and are entitled to annual financial
reporting.

Sean