[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [SLOB] meeting reminder and some open issues to discuss

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed May 11 11:58:38 EDT 2016

On May 11, 2016 11:19 AM, "Laura Vargas" <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

>> On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 8:47 AM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>
wrote:

Agreement.

>>> Adam,
>>>
>>> As SFC contact, could you please confirm that this 2012 version of the
>>> Amended FSA is the currently effective agreement?
>>

>> There no reason to believe otherwise.  This agreement is what stands
unless you have information that nobody else has :-)

>>> Note, it shows the 10% cut of revenue, no transaction fees.
>>

>> 10% of initial capital too?  Sorry am traveling non-stop for the coming
days, but someone should read the agreement (attached by CJL, Thanks!!)
carefully please if they have time this weekend please.

> According to the agreement, the Project agreed to donate ten percent
(10%) of its gross revenue (including, but not necessarily
> limited to, all income and donations) to Conservancy for its general
operations.

> Still, there must be a mistake or some additional terms or additions made
to this agreement, because there is a large difference (US$20.494,29)
between what the Project should have donated to SFC and what has been
actually donated for the past 3 years (according to the numbers published
early this year);

Laura,

I think you are misinterpreting https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Finance

When it says "Donated To [Software Freedom] Conservancy" that implies a
cumulative total over the years, just like every other line-item in those
lower paragraphs, for each financial year.

In conclusion your table appears to be (accidentally) greatly exaggerating
the amounts being paid (held for) SFConservancy, so you may want issue a
corrected version.

Regards-
Adam

> Total Income
> 10% of Total Income
> Donated To SFC
> Difference
>

> 2015
> $9.028,56
> $902,86
> $12.683,40
> ($11.780,54)
> 2014
> $49.622,18
> $4.962,22
> $11.780,54
> ($6.818,32)
> 2013
> $49.229,19
> $4.922,92
> $6.818,34
> ($1.895,42)
>

> Total
> $107.879,93
> $10.787,99
> $31.282,28
> ($20.494,29)
>

>> Then if there are outstanding questions accumulating, I can collect
those and communicate those questions to SFConservancy intermittently, if
we as a community have done our own homework first, Thanks!