[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [SLOB] meeting reminder and some open issues to discuss

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat May 7 11:23:33 EDT 2016

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> In other words that SL's effective payment to SFConservancy (for
> legal/financial/administrative service) is equal to 10% of all expenditures
> (outlays) each fiscal year, i.e. March 1st to end of February.
>
> (But someone else can correct me if I'm wrong!)

I think you are wrong, but I am still looking for the proof.  It is my
understanding that SFC takes 10% of incoming donations only, not a 10%
cut of all transactions (inbound and outbound).

That is what is described in their template Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement.

http://sfconservancy.org/docs/sponsorship-agreement-template.pdf

"Fees.
The FIXME-SIGNATORIES agree to donate ten percent (10%) of the
Project's gross revenue (including, but not necessarily limited to,
all income and donations) to Conservancy for its general operations."

I'm looking for an executed copy of the current SugarLabs-SFC FSA to
confirm, unfortunately the wiki version looks at variance with the
template, but as a wiki page, it has no "official" status.

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/SFC_Fiscal_Agreement

cjl