[IAEP] [SLOB] meeting reminder

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Wed Mar 30 09:34:15 EDT 2016

Walter,

After a long talk with Edgar, I am very worried that you keep asking for
funds on his name.

You requested US$1,000 on January and he has no idea, and now you are
requesting funds for him to assist to a meeting that he is not going to
attend, because the meeting in Lima is today and today he has no money to
travel.

This can not continue.

Please explain.

> The next meeting of the Sugar Labs oversight board will be Friday, 1 April
> at 19:00 UTC. Please join us at irc.freenode.net #sugar-meeting (you can
> access our IRC channel through the web interface provided at
> http://chat.sugarlabs.org).
>
> Agenda:
> 1. Google Summer of Code status
> 2. Wiki Cleanup Party planning
> 3. Request from Edgar Quispe to attend Traducción e interpretación en las
> lenguas originarias del Perú meeting in Lima
> 4. I18n manager discussion
> 5. Proposal from Samson Goddy re i18n in Nigeria
> 6. YOUR TOPIC HERE

I am not sure of the reason why the proposal for the creation of the "Sugar
Projects Translation Funds" was ignored on the last meeting.

No vote on favor or against it was done.

I did request to add the "Sugar Translation Projects Fund" topic on the
agenda last time. And I'm requesting again for the 1st of April meeting.
Any question about the proposal I'll continue to answer constructively,
looking forward for a transparent procedure to request and distribute such
funds.

This may be the most important decision for current SLOBs.

> Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday.
>
> regards.
>
> -walter
> --
> Walter Bender