[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SLOB] meeting reminder

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Thu Jun 30 06:56:34 EDT 2016

Hi, Walter

I hope Chris Leonard's report will include the present status of his
arrangements with the Conservancy (is he officially on board, has he
been paid his stipend for May or for June? I would also like the report
to include the present status of the Nigerian project. In particular was
the first milestone met (setup) and payment made?

I am opposed to the second motion in the agenda.

I hope that Adam or someone will be able to report on our financial
'month' with starting balance, revenue and expenses during the period,
and ending balance.

My objections are:

(1) The only method to implement a donation is to write a paper check
and send it to the Conservancy. There is an attempt to provide a
'donate' option to the Sugar Labs website, but I believe it has not been
implemented.

(2) Such a fund-raising activity should have a target amount. As far as
know this goal has not been set.

(3) I have no problem requesting each member to make a donation in an
amount they can afford. However, I strongly object asking members to
identify themselves as not having the means to make a donation of a
specfied amount. A statement like 'In order to meet our financial goal
for the year, members should try to donate at least $50 although
donations in any amount are welcome' would be acceptable.

(4) We could identify donors of say $100 or more as sponsors or partners
or associates or sustaining members, There are many such designations
available.
The 'prominent placement' and 'release codename' are not acceptable
without clarification.

According to Dave Crossland, Caryl Bigenho wants the motion on the
Financial Manager to be on the agenda. Has she withdrawn her propsoed
motion.

Tony