[IAEP] Sugarlabs and Sugar are different

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:28:54 EDT 2016

Hi All...
Very well done Sameer!  I hope everyone takes the approximately 35 minutes to view this excellent clarification of what exactly is meant by terms like "Vision," "Mission," "Goals," "Objectives," and "Tasks."  Much of the discussions trying to address these items have been a bit "off-base," not for a lack of enthusiasm but, rather, from a lack of understanding of how things in business (and, yes, in education too) actually work. Maybe once we are all speaking the same language we can make some concrete progress in addressing these issues.
Sameer is a wonderful person to guide us in this process… after all, as a tenured professor in the Business School of San Francisco State University, he probably knows more about this process than all the rest of us combined!
Happy viewing…. warning, this is very educational. It is like a lecture in a college level… maybe even graduate level course.  Expect to be challenged. Expect to need to drag the marker back once in a while to revisit a term. It will be will worth the time and can serve you well in other areas of your life besides Sugar and SugarLabs!
Caryl