[IAEP] Fwd: Google for Nonprofits Affiliation Request Sent

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Jun 22 14:06:38 EDT 2016

On Jun 22, 2016 11:47 AM, "Dave Crossland" <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 8 June 2016 at 06:32, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm confused, I thought Adam was going to liaise with SFC on that?
> >
> > We can't take over their account.
>
> Its not about taking over the account, its about getting additional
> admin access in order to set up Sugar Labs's adwords account.
>
> Apparently Conservancy denied this request.

Apparently this is inaccurate, but the email from google makes clear that
the outcomes were: conservancy approved the request, denied the request, or
did not respond to the request and in that case passed it back to google,
who could then approve or deny it. So I guess its accurate to say the
latter happened and google denied it.

> I do not know how to get access to a Google-sponsored adwords account.
>
> Adam, can you ask Conservancy folks how we get access to a
> Google-sponsored adwords account?

Conservancy asked SLOBs (and Adam forwarded the full email to me, Sean and
Caryl) to work out what SL wants to do, how SL wants to manage account
logistics, and what marketing strategy SL plans to implement.  Once SL is
ready to proceed, we let Tony know and he'll look into what (if any)
subaccounts they can create for individual Conservancy member projects.

What I want to do is obtain the $10,000 per month AdWords credit that
Google offers to nonprofits and use to run adwords campaigns seeking new
members to help with development and translation.

Account logistics are handled by google accounts. Mine is
d.crossland at Gmail.com.

Do I need to get SLOB to pass a motion for Tony to do this?