[IAEP] Fwd: Google for Nonprofits Affiliation Request Sent

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Jun 22 12:21:44 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 8 June 2016 at 06:32, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm confused, I thought Adam was going to liaise with SFC on that?
> >
> > We can't take over their account.
>
> Its not about taking over the account, its about getting additional
> admin access in order to set up Sugar Labs's adwords account.
>
> Apparently Conservancy denied this request.
>
> I do not know how to get access to a Google-sponsored adwords account.
>
> Adam, can you ask Conservancy folks how we get access to a
> Google-sponsored adwords account?

Is there strong consensus which people (multiple people, not a single
person) should manage this and all associated passwords +
responsibilities?  With this "process/procedure/ownership" fully documented
in a very public place, so SL doesn't end up with lost passwords and
orphaned/locked accounts, as has happened frequently to date?

(Can Sean Daly and/or others agree to supervise marketing/branding aspects,
providing the delicate balance asked for by those who are quite
uncomfortable with SL getting involved with advertising?)