[IAEP] Which cheap 2016 Laptop should be our reference?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Jun 22 08:40:15 EDT 2016

On Jun 21, 2016 10:41 AM, "Walter Bender" <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> soliciting a small donation of hardware from Google as a reference
platform.

Who do we know at google who could help with that?

Despite google fonts being a client, I don't know anyone there who could
help with this :(

In any case, which laptop they might give us may not be the best to
recommend.

There are 2 obvious candidates to me, the new "olpc laptop" available from
olpc inc to USA resident individuals for us$200 plus us$100 shipping from
china, with other countries shipping fees varying; and the One Education
"Infinity" which is us$350 plus shipping from Taiwan/ Australia.

The olpc unit ships with sugar and its cheaper so seems a better bet given
both launched around now.