[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] A Better Idea...

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Jun 20 23:36:27 EDT 2016

Hi,

On 20 June 2016 at 02:51, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

> Could you be specific on the necessary procedural actions that the Board
> did not take?

Consideration of motions visible to Members.

> Note that the Oversight Board/decisions page does not show the GSOC mentor
> motion as passed.

Since it passed it says:

AGREED MOTION 2016-34

Could you be specific on instances where the Board voted privately? Since
> most of this activity occurs during Board meetings which are public, and
> which you frequently attend - I see nothing private there.

"Most of this activity occurs during Board meetings" is factually false,
because motions can be posted and deliberated and voted on via email for 7
days after they are posted, irrespective of that 7 day period coinciding
with a monthly board meeting, and most recent motions have been posted via
email and not seen any consideration visible to members from most board
members.

The problem is not that the board has voted completely privately, but that
the board appears not to have voted at all - yet there is no way of knowing
because votes _may_ be cast privately. In the last motion that was voted
on, the GSOC one, Walter told me a private vote and I accept this on good
faith but it is not ideal. Thus my latest motion.

> So you must be referring to email votes. These are and should be rare.

I have no idea why you think that.

> On the Oversight Board/decisions page, you should show motions decided by
> email vote. The only two I remember were the Quispe motion and the GSOC
> motion. I don't remember anything private in those votes.

Since you are on the SLOB list I am not surprised, but since I am not, how
can I know?

--
Cheers
Dave