[IAEP] Motion to update current SL vision statement

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Jun 19 23:29:03 EDT 2016

On 19 June 2016 at 13:50, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the subject is Pending Motion 2016-33, I am opposed to it for the
> previously stated reasons.

That motion failed 9 days ago, since email voting is only open for 7 days.
Sorry I hadn't updated the
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions page yet, I have
now done so.

> The key activity of SL is developing software designed to help children
> learn, not providing a friendly environment to learn programming of
> software for children.

Do you think the existing mission statement that Laura quoted above conveys
this key activity adequately?

I am unsure if you think the mission should be changed, or kept the same.