[IAEP] 172 XO-1s for $24 each (+ freight) $4,000 total

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Jun 16 09:00:03 EDT 2016

Do we want these or not? :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <nathanr333 at charter.net>
Date: 16 June 2016 at 02:09
Subject: Re: [UKids] Unleash Kids / KOC trip to rescue laptops - April
To: Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com>, Alex Perez <aperez at alexperez.com>
Cc: Unleash Kids! <unleashkids at googlegroups.com>

Alex,

Yes, I commit to paying freight plus costs for 10 carts to Burton MI
 (Flint suburb).  Estimated freight for three pallets was $458 by ARS
calculator,  so two pallets with carts should be in the neighborhood of
$300.   Payment by PayPal.  Guessing you would split shipment from
Alpharetta.  Will work with any arrangement that happens.    Also, would
entertain sharing XO items, if they are more than you have use for.

However,  I would yield to Dave if he has a specific project in mind.   I
 am acting to prevent any discard and, in part, to sweeten an uncertain
local promotion for Adam's XSCE content on XO-1.

As a side note, I did read the IAEP thread about the auction.  In my
opinion, there was little appreciation of the actual market value of
refurbished XO-1's or their parts.   Retail price for quality units  is
closer to $50 than $100.  The real value of these XO-1's is as a group and
perhaps in some way involving an XSCE in a deployment.

Nathan Riddle
Michigan Community Repair Center