[IAEP] A Better Idea...

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Jun 14 20:38:41 EDT 2016

On 11 June 2016 at 11:12, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave - I don't agree that whomever submits a grant application becomes the
> treasurer for those funds.

Fair enough :) I am merely observing what I see as current practice
with the Trip Advisor grant :)

> What should happen is a sales cycle: if there is
> interest, the SLOBs should be in the loop so they can assist with
> face-to-face meetings, followup documents, and Adam/SFC liaison issues.
> Document signings involving Walter require prior SFC review. In my view,
> disbursal of funds from a successful grant should be managed by SFC/SLOBs
> (perhaps primarily in the role of a Finance Manager or Treasurer), as per
> Gould or TripAdvisor.

Please could you clarify why Walter (or any other SLOB) would
specifically need to be signing documents; I understand that that
Conservancy signs the documents, because legally Conservancy is the
party to them and neither SLOBs nor Members are agents of Conservancy
and lack signing authority.

Conversely, I don't see why SLOBS or Conservancy would be involved in
the management of a project; they only and merely approve the funding,
and until a Financial Manager is in place, this is done by regular
motion.

On 11 June 2016 at 16:44, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

> What does the SFC say about the management of grant funds?

I understand their policy is that spends have to be agreed by SLOB
within the terms of the grant.

--
Cheers
Dave