[IAEP] 172 XO-1s for $24 each (+ freight) $4,000 total

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Mon Jun 13 22:06:07 EDT 2016

Having thought about this a bit more since this morning, I believe the best
course of action would be to ask the recycler to directly donate the XO-1s
to one or more projects which already accept them on a donation basis.
These include the Columbus School for Girls (http://csgolpc.weebly.com/ ),
Unleash Kids (www.unleashkids.org), etc.

I do not have a full list of all projects that are still active.

I do not believe we would get significant new traction by trying to sell
XO-1s.  If we truly are going to force end of support in 2020, we should be
having the developers focus on the next system and not going crazy trying
to keep backwards support with the first.

As long as everything is routed through 501(c)3s and we do not go too
crazy, the recycler might be willing to split the pallet.

If a few developers need them for testing, we could then siphon them
as-needed.