[IAEP] 172 XO-1s for $24 each (+ freight) $4,000 total

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 04:20:31 EDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> individual units regularly
> clear $100 each

If these are functioning units, I support the idea, but perhaps what should
be done is to try to keep them together in a single microdeployment by
partnering with another nonprofit, a sponsor, or a university. For example
a college could do a project for a local elementary school. Sales logistics
for individual shipments are difficult, with no benefit to SL. Kept
together, we could study the XO's place in the 2016 context, showing how
the software has evolved.

OLPC France has managed the Nosy Komba, Madagascar microdeployment for
years now in partnership with other NGOs and the learnings have been
fantastic.

These units have US keyboards and would be suited to a deployment there -
it could be problematic to deploy them elsewhere.

Sean