[IAEP] Go Social via Social Media

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:06:01 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Ifeanyi Peter <ifeanyipeter42 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Maybe anytime we have suggestions that concerns Marketing, we would just
> forward it to the Marketing Dept. for review. How to I join the marketing
> team as well, I have some suggestions.

Thanks Ifeanyi

To join the Marketing team, just subscribe to the Marketing list:

There is also a wiki section:
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team

The team is small and we have been dormant, as I've explained before
because I am not sure what the SL message should be - where we are going.
We don't have funds for market studies, but I believe that for anyone able
to identify OLPC in unaided awareness, we are considered linked to OLPC and
many casual observers are probably unaware that OLPC is still around.

SL has been tops in SEO for years, which is a great asset - many
organizations cannot say that. Anyone searching for us finds us easily.
What they don't find is a clear message from us, and software to try with
1-click install. This last has a lot do with Sugar's IT architecture, and
it is my hope that Sugarizer (and other approaches such as Activities
running outside Sugar) can introduce Sugar to teachers more easily.

Sean.