[IAEP] [SLOBS] Motion: to undertake a fund raising drive.

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Jun 6 10:22:34 EDT 2016

On 6 June 2016 at 06:04, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 5:13 AM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>>> I developed the Sugar on a Stick strategy in 2009
>>
>> Where can I read this?
>
> The Marketing mailing list, 2009

I searched the 2009 mailing list for "sean strategy" and didn't find anything.

http://www.mail-archive.com/search?a=1&l=marketing%40lists.sugarlabs.org&haswords=sean+strategy&x=0&y=0&from=&subject=&datewithin=1y&date=2009-01-01&notwords=&o=relevance

I removed the date filter and:

I found http://www.mail-archive.com/marketing%40lists.sugarlabs.org/msg00974.html
from 2010 where walter posted a social media strategy from
'rmesquita', and an idea from Sebastian to host a statusnet instance
with a sugar skin;

I found http://www.mail-archive.com/marketing%40lists.sugarlabs.org/msg00864.html
from 2010 where you said you'd write a strategy for collaboration with
OLPCA;

I found http://www.mail-archive.com/marketing%40lists.sugarlabs.org/msg01515.html
from 2011 where you note the absence of OLPC marketing support, and
conclude with 3 recommendations, (a) marketing is expensive and we
should raise general funds for it, (b) we should have a web forum for
teachers and (c) form a committee, and require SLOB to include a
portion of educators;

and I found http://www.mail-archive.com/marketing%40lists.sugarlabs.org/msg01819.html
from 2013 where you say there isn't a marketing strategy.

Since I could not find the Sugar on a Stick strategy from 2009, please
could you?

I have added the goals of making a marketing strategy and a social
media marketing strategy to https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/2016_Goals