[IAEP] [SLOBS] A Better Idea...

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:49:10 EDT 2016

For the record, I looked into the X-Prize at the time and had a very
different reaction to Caryl. I thought that they were a poor fit to Sugar
(and after extensive conversations with several people consulting/working
for X-Prize, a poor fit to my personal beliefs about pedagogy and
development). I reported this conclusion at the time to the board and took
no action on behalf of Sugar. That said, there was no reason why someone
else in the community could not have taken some initiative if they thought
this was an important opportunity.

regards.

-walter

Walter Bender