[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 99, Issue 16

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Jun 5 11:31:18 EDT 2016

On 5 June 2016 at 00:14, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

> Please compare the current version with the original proposed by Lionel
> Laske or yours before the goals were separated from the Vision or the
> one proposed by Laura. Do you think that there is wide-spread agreement on
> the statement or that there has been no change in the past two
> months?

When a motion fails to achieve a second, there is a reason. After
> discussion and rewriting, the motion to distribute funds to the mentors got
> my
> second immediately.

Over the two months there have been many comments and direct edits by
members of the community; I have worked diligently to reflect those
comments where people could not be bothered to make their own edits.

There was a motion to adopt it 2 months ago, and a motion to adopt it last
meeting, and a motion to adopt it this meeting.

There will be a motion to adopt it at the next meeting, and if the
community hasn't reached wide-spread agreement on the statement by then, I
will give up.

> The purpose of the Board meeting is to conduct the business of Sugar Labs.
> Note: at the last meeting, the emphasis on voting on a series of motions
> resulted in no report from the Translation Community Manager.

"Conducting the business" is a vague statement, but for me no business was
conducted - it was a total failure - because I assert that in concrete
terms that phrase means voting on motions, which is why I have posted a
motion to establish a formal procedure for the meetings.

The procedure I posted allows for the report from the Translation Community
Manager to be announced by the chair :) I expect that report to be on the
wiki. Where is it? :)