[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 99, Issue 16

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Jun 4 05:35:05 EDT 2016

Hi, Dave

This discussion of procedures misses the point. Board meetings are not
for the purpose of voting yea/nea on motions. A majority of the Board
members
commented on these motions before the meeting. These comments were
consistent with the comments made at the meeting with a couple of
exceptions.

We need to come to a consensus on the motions before they are presented
to the Board. With the exception of motions to authorize payments, I
don't see that any of these motions have an urgency that justifies their
being passed immediately nor any harm to Sugar Labs resulting from their
not being passed on June 3.

I appreciate the work and enthusiasm that you have brought to the Vision
motion. However, I don't understand your apparent insensitivity to the
obvious fact that these issues are very important to the community and
deserve the time needed to obtain community understanding and commitment.

You have provided a valuable framework in which to have these
discussions and that is a major contribution. I hope that when the
community discussion has reached consensus on the wording of a vision
statement that you will be happy with the result and proud of your
contribution to it.

Tony