[IAEP] Motion to adopt the 2016 vision for Sugar Labs

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Jun 3 14:05:22 EDT 2016

On 3 June 2016 at 10:40, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can rework a message (perhaps any message) until I am happy with it

Please edit https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Vision_proposal_2016 until
you are happy with it :D

> What I can't do is invent the direction SL should take.

But we all can! :)

Everyone in the world is empowered to offer their view of the
direction that SL should take, by editing the wiki, and to take action
in whatever direction they like, by contributing to the codebase or
other things on Github.

For example, if some people don't want to work on enabling Activities
to run on Windows, they just don't, and other people who do want to
work on this will do.

But marketing can help call attention to the possible things that
people may be inspired to work on. So perhaps I could say, "the best
way to invent the future direction is to predict it" ;)

> Things would certainly be easier if SL was marketing-oriented,
> but FLOSS projects don't "do" that, it's not in their nature.

Please could you explain more about what it means to be "marketing-oriented"? :)