[IAEP] Motion to adopt the 2016 vision for Sugar Labs

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 11:44:11 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> To be a welcoming global community where anyone can learn how to
> develop high-quality libre software that facilitates learning through
> self-discovery and collaboration among young children of all
> continents, and to make that software easily available to learners and
> teachers.

So our mission is to nicely help people to become friendly developers, then
make it available as an afterthought?

We need to take a moral high ground - we are involved in education,
bridging the digital divide.

FYI here is our existing mission statement:

About Sugar Labs(R): Sugar Labs(R) is a volunteer-driven member project of
Software Freedom Conservancy, a nonprofit corporation. Originally part of
the One Laptop Per Child project, Sugar Labs coordinates volunteers around
the world who are passionate about providing educational opportunities to
children through the Sugar Learning Platform. Sugar Labs(R) is supported by
donations and is seeking funding to accelerate development.

Sean