[IAEP] Revision 55 of the Sugar Labs Fundraising Committee-Team Notes

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Sat Jul 23 02:32:42 EDT 2016

Hello everybody!

As of today, I'm sharing Revision 55 of the Sugar Labs Fundraising
Committee-Team Notes.

In order to avoid controversies to distract our attention, I have not
included here the Grant list that has pending prioritization.

Please visit the document and leave your comments and suggestions.

Blessings and have a nice weekend!

Laura V

✽. ✾. ✿. ❀. ❁. ❃. ❊

#LearningBYDoing #Projects4GOOD
Last Modified by July 23 2016 by LV

Welcome to TitanPad! This document is live at http://
<http://titanpad.com/SLFC>titanpad.com <http://titanpad.com/SLFC>/SLFC
<http://titanpad.com/SLFC>
Please take yourself time to read
http://titanpad.com/ep/pro-help/#deletionpolicy)

This page text is synchronized as we type, so that everyone viewing this
page sees the same text. This allows us to collaborate seamlessly on
documents!

*Sugar Labs Fundraising Committee Notes*

*G**oals*

A. *Sugar **R&D** Fund - PL Laura Vargas*
- Grant ID: 100andChange
- Deadline: Monday, October 3, 2016, at 11:00 a.m. Central.
- Concept: "Sugar Evolution: All Children Connected"
- Storyline: "Encouraging free/libre knowledge exchange among children of all
continents" ;D
- Application document link [https://www.100andchange.org/#application]
- Rules: https://www.100andchange.org/#rules
- Short Term Goals:
By Dec 2016
UIX for Sugar Blend (WT) = Debian + XFCE + Sugar +SNV2(Sneakernet) +
Curated Content (Multiple Languages)
By Jun 2017
Beta Release Candidate for Sugar Blend
Possible Associated Researchers/Developers/Designers:
- Jonas Smedegaar - Aleksey Lim - Flavio Danesse - Siri Reiter - ...
(Please add your name if interested)

B. *Sugar Project**'**s Translations Fund - PL Laura Vargas*
- Annual Fund Goal: US$ 100,000 [aprox (10 languages-projects)/year]
- Grant ID: [pending]
- Deadline [pending]
- Short Term Goals
By Dec 2016
To have a list of no less than 10 Sugar translations projects proposals for
2017 [Here the initial list link https://titanpad.com/SLLL]
By Jun 2017
Get 10/10 2016 translation proposals/projects funded
- Application document link [pending]

C. *Sugar **OER **Open Educational Resources Fund** - PL Laura Vargas*
- Annual Fund Goal: US$ 50,000
- Grant ID: [pending]
- Short Term Goals
By Dec 2016
UIX of 3 Sugar Activities designed for Latinoamerican Girls aka "Pink
Activities":
a) Tacto b)... c)...
By Jun 2017
Beta Release Candidate for "Pink Activities"
Please add your OER if interested...
- Deadline [pending]
- Application document link [pending]

D. *Sugar Labs Google AdWords Grant - PL Dave Crossland*
https://www.google.com/grants
- Annual Fund Goal: US$120,000
- Grant ID: Google Grant
- Application document link" [request sent to Conservancy privately]
- Deadline: None

E. *Sugar Labs into Free Code Camp directory - PL Caryl *
https://www.freecodecamp.com/commit/directory
- Annual Fund Goal US$ 50,000
- Grant ID
- Deadline [pending]
- Application document link [pending]

Notes:

The above project-funds are for Sugar related projects already underway by
 SL members.

Current spending commitments are directed by the Oversight Board.

We will liaise with Adam and the Conservancy concerning any submittal
requiring an EIN, although referral to Conservancy entry in GuideStar may
be sufficient  http://www.guidestar.org/profile/41-2203632

Sugar Labs is described at http://sfconservancy.org/members/current/ as
follows:

Sugar is a learning platform that reinvents how computers are used for
education. Sugar's focus on sharing, criticism, and exploration is grounded
in the culture of free software.* Sugar Labs' mission is to produce,
distribute and support the use of the Sugar learning platform.* Sugar Labs
supports the community of educators and software developers who want to
extend the platform. Sugar is a community project: under the Sugar Labs
umbrella hundreds of software developers and thousands of educators work
together to build, disseminate, and support Sugar.

*Future Goals*

* Sugarizer Fund

* IIAB (Internet In A Box) fund

* Sugar Social Media Manager Role

* Sugar Finance Manager Role

*TODO**s** (please vote + name)*

0. To create a list for possible sponsors via product placement, like for
example: a) Airline's Tickets for Sugar Labs Members Summits / Camps, b)
Internet Conection for Sugar Labs Members, c)... .

1. To prioritize the grant list by cutting content in 'Grant List' section
below into *https://ethercalc.org/SLgrantsWL*
<https://ethercalc.org/SLgrantsWL>

2. To define mechanisms for funds distribution and certification among
members: Project Lead gets a budget approved by SLOBs and after that, no
further motions are needed for making individual disbursements. [done]

3. Draft 3 funding proposal applications [1/3 complete] (add links please)

--
Laura V.
I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org

Happy Learning!