[IAEP] ASLO

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sun Jul 17 03:14:22 EDT 2016

El 15/07/16 a las 07:37, Dave Crossland escribió:
> Alright! Back to this whole Sugar Network thing that I feel like I
> don't totally understand :) I have some immediate practical questions
> I hope you can answer :)
>
> Where is the source code? https://notabug.org/school-network is gone.

> If an instance of School Network is to become ASLO, does it provide
> the same APIs Sam has mentioned?

> I also have some organizational questions :)
>
> Why is the source code not in a Sugar Labs repo? Why is School Network
> not a Sugar Labs project? Who owns the school-network.org
> <http://school-network.org> domain?

> Who owns the project? Will they be willing to shift the upstream to
> the Sugar Labs github org, and make School Network an official Sugar
> Labs project, and transfer ownership of the school-network.org
> <http://school-network.org> domain to Conservancy?
>
> Who has been involved in its initiation and development?
>
> Who are the current users of School Network?

/sugar-network/ is a previous version of the same codebase that was
extensively tested and came to production in Peru reaching over 38k
unique users online since 2015.

We will be looking for a successor, perhaps compromising on features.

Thanks Aleksey for your support for all this time,

Sincerely

Sebastian