[IAEP] ASLO

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Jul 15 08:43:10 EDT 2016

Hi

On 15 July 2016 at 04:29, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

> This proposal needs some details.

I agree

> ASLO supported many functions including the developer hub, authentication,
> and so on. A simple static site that is functionally equivalent is
> ambiguous.

Yes. Since the python Sugar Desktop is going away, and ASLO has broken, I
am proposing a minimum viable product replacement that offers users the key
functionality.

> Aleksey's proposal has been implemented and is on-line (sugar network). Is
> this what you are proposing to implement?

It is not what I am proposing, no.

It could be a good web app to host on the ASLO domain.... or it could not
be. I can't find the source code so I can't tell.

What I can tell from looking at
http://school-network.org/hub/?view=Catalog&workspace=activity&tab=newest
is that all the functionality it provides can be provided be a single
static HTML page, but it

> Are you volunteering to undertake this task?

Yes

> When would you expect to be able to get ASLO back online for our users?

I have about 8 hours free time tomorrow, I was going to work on my GSOC but
since this seems pretty urgent, I could work on this.

However, I think probably the first thing is to get ASLO's php5 codebase
back up and running like it was, before developing a secure and stable
replacement before it dies again.

Cheers
Dave