[IAEP] Tony's comments on localization (was: Re: IAEP Digest, Vol 100, Issue 21)

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sun Jul 10 10:24:36 EDT 2016

El 10/07/16 a las 03:09, Tony Anderson escribió:

> To be repetitive: our goal should be to support localization at our
> Sugar deployments. If possible, we should enlist the help of people at
> the deployment sites since they have the indispensable knowledge for
> translation - a native knowledge of the local language and andequate
> knowledge of the source language.
Some of us believe Free Software and Sugar are in a unique position to
support languages which don't have support from mainstream systems.
Meanwhile there exists Windows in Cherokee already.
> The purpose of the Lion.activity is to help this along. So far I have
> not received only one comment on Lion - not one from someone who tried
> it.
This is what usually happens when one releases an activity. I did try
and comment an earlier version. I think an offline translation tool is
vital for translation efforts so I congratulate you for pushing it.