[IAEP] #Documentation SL Funding Committe

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Sat Jul 9 02:29:28 EDT 2016

El 7 de julio de 2016, 7:52, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> escribió:

> On 7 July 2016 at 08:49, José Miguel García <josemiguel at argos.edu.uy>
> wrote:
>
>> Sin embargo, a través de la experiencia de Argentina en Conectar
>> Igualdad, donde se daba la posibilidad de que cada centro instalara su
>> sistema.
>

> Wow, that's amazing!! :D
>
> I guess in the USA it is common to create bad lawsuits if things go wrong,
> preventing schools from offering this possibility.

Thank you all for reading. It is a shame we don't have hundreds of teachers
from the US in the member's list!

Huayra (witch BTW means Wind in Quechua) from Conectar Igualdad Argentina
is probably the most inspiring distro we have in Latam. [1]

I hope one day other countries like México, Perú and Colombia start using
it, forking it or somehow making their own "Huayra type" libre OS.
Unfortunatly, the program may losse gobernment support as Microsoft is
offering no cost licenses to President Macri [2].

Getting back to the subject of this thread, I think we should facilitate
the use of Sugar in the US asap. We may be able to get an easy entry point
by executing the translation of Sugar to Cherokee and/or Navajo. [3]

Hope to get the SL goals defined soon :D

[1]
http://wiki.huayra.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/index.php/%C2%A1Bienvenidos_a_Huayra_GNU/Linux
!
[2]