[IAEP] [SLOBS] Motion to adopt the 2016 vision for Sugar Labs

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Sat Jul 9 01:57:27 EDT 2016

Hi Dave

> Hi Laura
>
> On Jul 8, 2016 7:50 PM, "Laura Vargas" <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:
> >
> > FWIW Sugar Labs is described at
> http://sfconservancy.org/members/current/ as follows:
> >
> > Sugar is a learning platform that reinvents how computers are used for
> education. Sugar's focus on sharing, criticism, and exploration is grounded
> in the culture of free software. Sugar Labs' mission is to produce,
> distribute and support the use of the Sugar learning platform. Sugar Labs
> supports the community of educators and software developers who want to
> extend the platform. Sugar is a community project: under the Sugar Labs
> umbrella hundreds of software developers and thousands of educators work
> together to build, disseminate, and support Sugar.
> >
> > We may agree bold text is our mission so we can continue with Strategic
> Plannning?
>
> Please do check the thread with Sameer where he lays out a very systematic
> and methodological process for defining vision and mission down to goals
> and tasks.

As a SLOB and a tenured professor in business studies it seems he will be
> leading the process of setting out the SL vision. I'm looking forward to
> his next installment in that thread :)

Me too. Will love to help with the vision's survey analysis.

I also hope Research and Development become the 0 phase of our cyclic chain
:D

In the meanwhile, I'm working on the 100&Challenge grant and will be
needing a mission definition, so I guess what is published at the
Conservancy Web as SL's mission is what we currently have.

Regards

--
Laura V.
I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org