[IAEP] Unable to install sugar lab

Ayush Joshi ayush.joshi at research.iiit.ac.in
Wed Jan 20 07:10:30 EST 2016

Hello,
I am Ayush Joshi undergrad of Computer Science  2nd year studying at IIIT-HYDERABAD.I am new to open source and want to contribute for sugarlabs.But I am facing problems in installation of sugar-lab.
After cloning successfully from github link and when i run command
./osbuild pull
from sugar-build directory I get following error:
./osbuild pull

= Setup the host build system =

* Create the python virtualenv
* Install python packages
  Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement plog==0.16 (from osbuild==0.33)
No distributions at all found for plog==0.16 (from osbuild==0.33)
Storing debug log for failure in /tmp/tmpClmlaw
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./osbuild", line 503, in <module>
    if not main():
  File "./osbuild", line 482, in main
    if not setup(options.command):
  File "./osbuild", line 322, in setup
    raise e
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['/home/ayush/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-host/install/bin/pip', '-q', 'install', 'git+https://github.com/sugarlabs/osbuild', 'git+https://github.com/sugarlabs/broot']' returned non-zero exit status 1

Kindly help me regarding this issue as I am a newbie in this field and want to contibute for the organisation.

Thank You
Ayush Joshi