[IAEP] Sugar Digest 2016-01-03

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 20:25:32 EST 2016

== Sugar Digest ==

Happy New Year.

1. Three weeks into Google Code-in [1], a remarkable 238 tasks have been
completed by 95 students. One student has already completed 36 tasks!!! And
our mentor team, led by former grand prize winners, Ignacio Rodríguez and
Sam Parkinson, have been responsive and supportive. I'm very pleased with
the energy that the GCI program brings to our development process.

2. We have a Sugar Labs Oversight Board meeting on Monday, 4 January at
23:00 UTC. We meet on irc.freenode.net (#sugar-meeting). Please join us for
the first meeting of the calendar year and the final meeting of the current
board: the election of the new board will be held in mid-January. I'd like
to take this opportunity to thank Daniel Francis, José Miguel García, Adam
Holt, Chris Leonard, Gonzalo Odiard, and Claudia Urrea for their years of
service to the community. I'm enthusiastic about the quality and dedication
of the candidate pool [2], so I am certain that Sugar Labs will be in good
hands going forward.

=== Sugar Labs ===

3. Please visit our planet [3].

-walter