[IAEP] Announcing OLPC OS 13.2.7 with Sugar 0.108

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 24 22:18:11 EST 2016

Good resolution and frame rate are essential.  Usability problems with
instructional video will block learning [1].  720p HD is a good
minimum.  You cannot easily use 720p HD on an XO-1 without degrading
frame rate.

Where instructional video is a requirement, please contact OLPC with
your next request for tender.

Reference:

1.  YouTutorial: A Framework for Assessing Instructional Online Video
    Morain, Matt; Swarts, Jason.
    Technical Communication Quarterly (1057-2252)
    2012-01-01.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 08:44:18PM -0500, Adam Holt wrote:
> Tremendous news, Profound thanks James & the Sugar 0.108 Team!!
>
> Aside: i haven't given up (yet) on a wider array of quality learning videos
> (from Internet-in-a-Box 2.0 etc) becoming playable on XO-1 in 2016 so many
> years later.  Issues you've well-documented @ [1]http://wiki.laptop.org/go/
> Release_notes/13.2.7#Video_Playback .  But the truth will announce itself soon
> enough, as to how far volunteers get resampling key vids in suitable codecs :}
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 5:26 PM, James Cameron <[2]quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>     G'day,
>
>     We're pleased to announce the release of OLPC OS 13.2.7 for XO-1,
>     XO-1.5, XO-1.75 and XO-4.
>
>     It is Sugar 0.108 on Fedora 18, with a few activities upgraded.
>
>     Details of new features, fixes, known issues, and how to download,
>     install or upgrade can be found in the release notes:
>
>             [3]http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.7
>
>     Our thanks to all contributors, testers, upstreams, and those who
>     have provided feedback of any kind.

>     Feedback on Sugar 0.108; write to sugar-devel@ list.
>
>     Build file names: 32019o0 32019o1 32019o2 32019o4
>
>     --
>     James Cameron
>     [4]http://quozl.netrek.org/

> Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ [7]http://unleashkids.org !