[IAEP] Fwd: [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [SLOB] scheduling our next meeting

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Tue Feb 9 01:32:01 EST 2016

Hi Anish,
I don't think the link's been put in the Wiki yet, but it's on each
ballot email and also in Caryl's announcement:

http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_dd38dc6aa11d1a98

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Caryl for running the election
by herself using the Cornell voting service (CIVS).

Some effort was put in innovating the voting mechanism for this election
but in the end it was decided to revert to the previous system as it
would raise the  least questions. I was not involved in the election
management itself.

I enjoyed being a part of the membership & election committee this year.

Hopefully the new members of the board will oversee Sugar Labs to
advance its mission:
/"/ /The mission of Sugar Labs is to produce, distribute, and support
the use of the Sugar learning platform; it is a support base and
gathering place for the community of educators and developers to create,
extend, teach, and learn with the Sugar learning platform."/

[1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs

On 09/02/16 00:41, Anish Mangal wrote:
> Iff it's not too much trouble (since this is just out of pure
> curiosity, and I asked privately to a couple of people), is there
> somewhere, where the previous SLOB election results are linked/listed.
> I tried searching on the wiki but there are too many links under
> wiki.sl.o/slob
>
> Thanks,
> Anish
>

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 3:08 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com
> <mailto:walter.bender at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Another agenda item is Google Summer of Code. I've begun our
>     application but await community input as to whether or not we
>     should apply.
>
>     Regarding the X-Prize, I looked into it pretty closely at the time
>     and it was IMHO *not* a good fit for Sugar. It is a very call for
>     participation with a goal that is at best orthogonal to our strengths.
>
>     Looking forward to the discussion on Friday.
>
>     regards.
>
>     -walter
>
>     On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Caryl Bigenho
>     <cbigenho at hotmail.com <mailto:cbigenho at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Folks!
>
>         Yes… we need to add these 2 agenda items. We have already
>         missed out on 2 major funding competitions: the X-Prize Adult
>         Literacy entry registration deadline was in December 2015 and
>         the X-Prize Global Learning registration deadline was back in
>         April 2015. While we are too late for these, other things will
>         come along that we might be able to taylor our work toward. We
>         just need to be sure we know about them in time to come up
>         with a fantastic proposal!
>
>         Laura and I worked together a couple of years ago on a
>         Stanford Venture Lab education project. Tony Anderson, Luis
>         Galindo, and Yama Ploskonka were also on our team. Out of the
>         140+ teams, the results of the peer review placed our project
>         in a tie for 4th place overall! We have folks in our group
>         with a proven track record in devising winning proposals. Now,
>         all we need to do is find opportunities and make sure there
>         will be some sort of funding awarded along with all the "glory."
>
>         Caryl

>         From: laura at somosazucar.org <mailto:laura at somosazucar.org>
>         Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 14:35:43 -0500
>         To: iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org <mailto:iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>
>         Subject: [IAEP] Fwd: [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [SLOB] scheduling
>         our next meeting
>

>         (abajo en español)
>
>         Hi all,
>
>         Thank you all who contributed actively with the elections,
>         let's get to work!
>
>         In order to contribute to the Sugar Labs project, I would like
>         to add to the agenda of this first meeting the following items:
>
>         + The creation of an International Project's Fund for research
>         and development of Sugar.
>
>         + Fundraising, objectives and challenges
>

>         Good day and blessings!
>
>         Laura Victoria

> [...]

I+D SomosAzucar.Org
"icarito" #somosazucar en Freenode IRC
"Nadie libera a nadie, nadie se libera solo. Los seres humanos se liberan en comunión" - P. Freire