[IAEP] Fwd: [Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] [SLOB] scheduling our next meeting

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:30:32 EST 2016

Hi Folks!
Yes… we need to add these 2 agenda items. We have already missed out on 2 major funding competitions: the X-Prize Adult Literacy entry registration deadline was in December 2015 and the X-Prize Global Learning registration deadline was back in April 2015. While we are too late for these, other things will come along that we might be able to taylor our work toward. We just need to be sure we know about them in time to come up with a fantastic proposal!
Laura and I worked together a couple of years ago on a Stanford Venture Lab education project. Tony Anderson, Luis Galindo, and Yama Ploskonka were also on our team. Out of the 140+ teams, the results of the peer review placed our project in a tie for 4th place overall! We have folks in our group with a proven track record in devising winning proposals. Now, all we need to do is find opportunities and make sure there will be some sort of funding awarded along with all the "glory."
Caryl