[IAEP] [Systems] Planned system maintenance on Sunjammer starting NOW

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Feb 8 01:37:37 EST 2016

Sunjammer is now back online with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. All hosted websites
and services appear to be running correctly, but please let us know if
we missed something (*).

We also intended to switch to Trisquel 7, which is equivalent to Ubuntu
14.04 minus the non-free packages (of which we don't use any), but we
ran out of time for tonight. This will require one last reboot, but the
outage should be very short.

A big thank you to Rubén Rodríguez of the Free Software Foundation for
staying online all Sunday to support us during the transition. Also big
kudos to Samuel Cantero who stayed up until 1AM to lead the second stage
of the upgrade and cleanup the considerable fallout.

(*) There are sysadmin contacts in the wiki, so please don't send me
private email.

--
 _ // Bernie Innocenti
 \X/  http://codewiz.org