[IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOB] meeting reminder

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Dec 2 23:21:15 EST 2016

Hi

I checked the http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/2016-12-02 log -
sorry I couldn't make it, was in transit at that time. Sameer, sorry to
hear about your colleague. No pressure, just looking forward to your next
installment - when you can :)

On 2 December 2016 at 12:36, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would assume they *do* wish to stand for re-election.

Tony, Jose Miguel, and Claudia, please could you reply to this email
confirming or denying your wish to stand for reelection in 2017.

> The publicity on this has been terrible.

Actually non-existent, because there is nothing to publicize.

> I don't know who is in charge,

No one is in charge.

> but they should have made sure they sent several reminders of deadlines to
> file for candidacy. In fact, was there ever an announcement sent out to all
> of the membership asking if they wish to run and giving deadlines and a
> timeline? I didn't see even one. This has always been done in the past. It
> looks like someone is trying to rig the election! (Sorry... but that is how
> some of us from the US feel about elections right now!

There is no election to be rigged ;)

On 2 December 2016 at 18:45, Laura Vargas <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

> What I don't understand is why it wasn't made (or delegated) on time? this
> should have been done in September-October and November, don't you agree?

Well, sure - shoulda woulda coulda :)

I said I would do some things, and I did not do them, and no one else has
said anything about any of this.... I apologise.

- I ought to have been more proactive, and said in September when all my
time got taken with my employment that I wouldn't be able to do anything,
as I had said I would

- Each SLOB ought to have been more proactive, realised the obligation to
run the election, and solicited a new volunteer

- Anyone else active in the community could have been more proactive on this

But no one was. Alas!

Now, rather than focusing on who in this very small community ought to have
done, I suggest we all focus on moving forwards and suggest what we may do
as next steps.

I am unlikely to have any real spare time from now until mid-January. I'm
happy for anyone to ask me to do something and I'll do what I can, but
basically I'm checked out until then.

# https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRh_vgS2dFE #